The 2D-LCA, a versatile, precise, and wireless two-dimensional Laser Cantilever Anemometer (LCA) system, is the latest in LCA technology offered from Measurement Science Enterprise.
The 2D-LCA is an innovative anemometer for two-dimensional measurements of wind velocities at high spatial and temporal resolutions. Its measurement technique uses a micro-structured cantilever that is used as a flow body. The bending of the cantilever due to the flow of the medium, is detected by means of laser lever principal.
The 2D-LCA is lightweight and portable, requires little alignment or calibration adjustment, and MSE provides the turnkey software with a lifetime of free upgrades.
Advantages of the 2D-LCA
- Simultaneous measurement of two wind-speed components
- Frequency response up to 150 kHz
- High spatial and temporal resolution
- Interference-protected optical method
- lightweight and portable
Compared to Hot Wire
- More robust
- Less frequent calibration requirements
- Works as well in water and in air
- Throw away your Hot Wire!